Tungsten and cobalt are extremely sought-after raw materials, which are irreplaceable in many fields of application. We are committed to handling our raw materials in a way which is sustainable and which preserves resources, so that we can continue to guarantee the proven quality of our carbide solutions in the future.
At CERATIZIT, therefore, we have our own recycling facilities where we recycle coated and uncoated carbide tools that have been withdrawn from service, including inserts, drills and carbide rolls. The recycled materials, which are a product of the zinc Recycling or acidulation process, are re-used following careful examination for carbide grades specifically designed for this purpose.
Efficient use of energy
Our production in Reutte has been certified according to the requirements of the energy management standard ISO 50001 since 2013. This is confirmation of our systematic energy management, which allows us to consistently improve our energy efficiency. We also made sure to use resources efficiently when expanding this same site in 2013: Where possible we used wood, a renewable raw material, as a building material. An insulating outer shell and efficient heat recovery also ensure low energy consumption.
A new energy concept for our production building in Mamer, Luxembourg, significantly reduces energy consumption. New cooling, ventilation and heat recovery systems in the production halls are designed to reduce current electricity consumption by over 80 percent in future. This has led to CERATIZIT Luxembourg S.à r.l. winning the Green Facility Management Award 2014. In the future, up to 90 percent of heat requirements at the site will be met purely through waste heat from the machines.
Energy management in accordance with ISO 50001
- ISO 50001:2011 CERATIZIT Austria GmbH / ISO 50001:2011 IQNET
- ISO 50001:2011 CERATIZIT Balzheim GmbH & Co. KG
- ISO 50001:2011 CERATIZIT Empfingen GmbH
Certified environmental management
Our environmental management is certified according to the requirements of ISO 14001. This standard establishes the requirements of an environmental management system. Efficient environmental management is important for us, because we are actively committed to protecting the environment and preserving resources. The system helps us to examine our own actions, to adopt the appropriate measures and to consistently improve our own practices.
Environmental management in accordance with ISO 14001
- ISO 14001:2015 CERATIZIT Luxembourg S.à r.l.
- ISO 14001:2015 CERATIZIT Austria GmbH / ISO 14001:2015 IQNET
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007 CERATIZIT Austria GmbH / BS OHSAS 18001:2007 IQNET
- ISO 14001:2015 CERATIZIT Empfingen GmbH
- ISO 14001:2015 CERATIZIT K-K Sp. z.o.o.
- ISO 14001:2015 KOMET Deutschland GmbH Besigheim
- ISO 14001:2015 KOMET Deutschland GmbH Stuttgart/Vaihingen
- ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007 CERATIZIT India Round Tool Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- OHSAS 18001:2007 CERATIZIT India Pvt. Ltd.
Information for the public on hazardous incidents
CERATIZIT Empfingen GmbH