Ceramic – the alternative to tungsten carbide
Why silicon nitride?
Next to carbide, ceramic is one of the most important materials: it is applied when conventional materials are not able to achieve the necessary performance. Characterised by its low density, ceramic demonstrates mechanic stability and also has low thermal conductivity properties. Silicon nitride, in particular, also convincingly demonstrates its high resistance to thermal shock.
- Good mechanical properties up to 1,200 °C
- High level of hardness, even at high temperatures
- Resistant to corrosion, even with aggressive materials
- Resistant to thermal shock
- Low thermal expansion rate
- Good friction properties
- Guide rolls
Our grade SNCB5 is certified as material for roller bearings with leading manufacturers of the sector.
Various application fields due to the properties of Si3N4, for example.:
- Metal forming
- Chemical industry
- Automotive industry
- Aerospace industry
- High-temperature technology